Community Sponsorship Program
NENAS Community Sponsorship opportunities is a great way to give back and be committed to investing in the communities where you live and operate.
Through the Community Sponsorship Program, funding areas are offered through the following broad community sectors:
1) Elders Initiatives and Activities
2) Youth Initiatives and Activities
3) Cultural/Community Events (activities that enrich community and cultural activities)
4) Urban Community Initiatives
NENAS and Communities will recognize the contributions of our Sponsors – for example: through advertising, display of banners and corporate material, presentation and speaking opportunities, employee involvement in volunteer roles, on NENAS web site, etc.
NENAS Community Sponsorship Grants are up to $2,000 each with the total amount depending on the availability of funds.
To qualify for a NENAS Community Sponsorship Grant, the event or project must be:
- Open to all First Nations and Inuit participants and or communities from the Northeast BC region;
- Have a significant regional impact with long-lasting benefits to arts, culture, heritage, health, wellness, education, and economic self-sufficiency within the region;
- Have a membership base or Executive board of at least 3 individuals or an event committee
Guidelines for Sponsorship
Eligible Expenses – Funds must be used toward event or participant costs; funds cannot be used to pay wages
Promotion and Recognition – NENAS and industry sponsors must be recognized on all event-related marketing/promotional materials and social media platforms (NENAS will provide logos)
Reporting – A short event summary and thank you to the Community Sponsorship Program with pictures must be submitted to NENAS. (Summary/pictures will be shared on NENAS website and channels to highlight your event/project)
- Clear Objective
- Evidence of the applicant’s ability to carry out the project, as demonstrated by their resources, expertise and past performance
- Activities planned that meet qualifying requirements
- Intended outcome indicating the contribution the project will make to the community
- Expense budget for the grant funding